Opening this Wednesday 9 September, the two-day event takes place at Millbrook and comprises a full seminar programme, a large technology expo with a broad B2B focus, ride and drive opportunities in a test track environment and networking activities.
Highlights of the two-day event include:
- Anna Soubry, Minister for Small Business, Industry and Enterprise, will be speaking in the main plenary between 10:35 and 10:45 on 9 September;
- Keynote addresses from Dr Wolfgang Epple, Jaguar Land Rover; Dr Thomas Becker, BMW; Graham Hoare, The Automotive Council Technology Group and Dr Ruth McKernan, Innovate UK;
- Jaguar Land Rover will run an open workshop on the Evoque_e project on the afternoon of the 9 September;
- The Sustainable Vehicle Technology Conference will take place on 10 September in the seminar dome;
- Innovate UK will run an open workshop on the Low Carbon Truck Trial on the afternoon of the 10 September;
- A delegation of international visitors attending as guests of the Automotive Investment Organisation of UK Trade and Investment.
Robert Evans, CEO of Cenex, said: “A lot of planning has gone into the LCV event to ensure it remains relevant and worthwhile to all those in the sector. Notable changes this year include a more diverse and comprehensive seminar programme including over 100 presenters across four parallel sessions. We have also extended the steering pad resulting in more vehicles available for a ride & drive experience; added a technology showcase in Hall 2 and also added a seminar presentation zone in Hall 2. We hope that LCV2015 will be your best yet!”
On the evening of 9 September, a networking dinner and LowCVP Low Carbon Champions Awards event will take place.