Renault Trucks will be making a special delivery at this year’s Freight in the City Expo with a brand-new product launch aimed at the multi-drop courier sector.
Making its debut at the urban logistics-themed event, the Renault Trucks Master Optilogistics van is designed to meet the challenging requirements of busy parcel carriers as part of the new ‘Ready for Business’ range.
It will feature a host of “robust, practical options” that courier firms often seek to retrofit following delivery of a new vehicle, according to the manufacturer.
“When you speak to fleet operators, they often take a standard van and spend an awful lot of time adding to it,” said Renault Trucks head of LCV, UK & Ireland, Grahame Neagus.
“We’ve taken the operational wish list of these customers and created a model, in conjunction with Bri-Stor Systems, that has them as standard,” he said.
While Renault Trucks is keeping the full list of options under wraps until launch day, Freightinthecity.com can reveal they will combine both safety and operational benefits, including:
- Robust door design to prevent hinge failures on hard-wearing, multi-drop duties
- Hard-wearing fabrics on both seats, carpets and mats
- Brand-new retractable racking and cargo-restraint system
- Integrated on-board weighing to prevent illegal vehicle overloading
- Advanced five-camera system for vehicle and pedestrian safety
Perhaps the most important element within the new Optilogistics package is an industry-first inclusion of a digital alcolock system as standard to prevent a driver operating the van under the influence of alcohol. This is linked to the van’s telematics system to also inform the transport office if a driver fails the test.
Neagus believes the new van package is a “very compelling vehicle for the parcel logistics sector” and said Renault Trucks has worked closely with its customers to get the specification right.
“This is about thinking like the operator and developing a product in tandem with them. This understanding of what commercial vehicle operators are seeking is what sets us apart from other large van manufacturers, with compliance and safety at the very heart of what we offer” he added.
Renault Trucks’ Master Range is available from 2.8 tonnes to 4.5 tonnes.
The Optilogistics model will be available to order on all new Euro-6 vans from 8 November, with an electric Master also available during next year.
- Freight in the City takes place on 7 November at London’s Alexandra Palace. It is free to attend and features an exciting exhibition of urban logistics vehicles, technology and services, as well as a complementary full-day seminar programme.