Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) has announced its shortlist for this year’s Low Carbon Champion Awards.
The awards recognise outstanding achievement within the UK of accelerating a shift towards lower carbon vehicles and fuels, and in helping to reduce road transport emissions.
Now in their sixth year, the awards will be presented at a networking and dinner event taking place on the first evening of the Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV2016) show in Milton Keynes on 15 September.
The ‘Grand Prix’ sponsor of the Low Carbon Champions Awards is Millbrook Proving Ground, which also plays host to the two-day LCV2016 event on 14-15 September.
LowCVP MD Andy Eastlake said: “It’s been another year of significant progress in decarbonising UK road transport from the point of view of both technology and uptake. The LowCVP is at the centre of this exciting industry and we look forward to celebrating the UK’s continued leadership in this vital area.”
Last year’s awards saw truck manufacturer Scania GB recognised for its development of a new HGV gas chassis in the Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year Award – a category that Freightinthecity.com was proud to sponsor.
The judges said: “Scania has been observing and evaluating the market and then delivered an exceptionally good product with lower associated risk.”
Awards categories and shortlist:
- Low Carbon Car / Van Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: Michelin)
Shortlisted: BMW, Iveco, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Tesla, Toyota GB
- Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: Freight in the City)
Shortlisted: Alexander Dennis, BYD Europe, Scania Great Britain
- Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year (Sponsor: BAE Systems HybriDrive)
Shortlisted: Alphabet, Bibby Distribution, First Bus, John Lewis Partnership
- Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
Shortlisted: Argent Energy, CNG Fuels and National Grid Gas Distribution, ITM Power
- 2016 Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME (Sponsor: Advanced Propulsion Centre UK)
Shortlisted: Microcab, Riversimple, Tevva Motors
- Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year
Shortlisted: Addison Lee, Gnewt Cargo, H2 Aberdeen, Reading Buses
- 2016 Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Shortlisted: Cambridge Econometrics, EA Technology, Element Energy, Element Energy & the International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
Special awards categories: (No shortlist; winners announced on the night)
- Outstanding Individual in Promoting Low Carbon Transport
- ‘Grand Prix’: Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport (Sponsor: Millbrook)